Tuesday, June 30, 2015

What do we do now? I Want to go to Alabama


Good people all over the world are wondering what to do next.  I won't even try to speak for all the good people in the world.  They all need to do something in response to the rising tyranny in our world.  But I'll just speak for me and my house.

We will serve the Lord Jesus Christ.

One American Christian leader stands out to me over the past thirty years.  His name is Flip Benham.  I never paid as much attention to him during my career as I should have.  He appeared to my coiffed pro family professional manners as an odd character.  One time he walked across America with a donkey in tow, for example.

I now realize he was the most prominent Christian man in America who got it.

Most Christians still don't know that his ministry work saved Jane Roe.  Norma McCorvey is a pro life warrior today because of Flip's faithfulness and courage.



I'm not impressed by the fact that his ministry work had political effects.  It is the fact that he was able to make the salvation of a woman's soul the essence of his political work.  Flip is a remarkable man of God.

For years he has provided leadership to Operation Save America.  Every summer they hold a week long Christian crusade somewhere in America.  This year they will be in Alabama.

Judge Roy Moore
Alabama is the only state I know of where the most powerful judge in the state has demonstrated, countless times over the past thirty years, his willingness to defy the Federal leviathan.  Judge Roy Moore, the Ten Commandments Judge, leads the Supreme Court of Alabama.

I want to support him with my personal presence and prayers so bad I can taste it.

And Operation Save America will be in Alabama in two weeks to do just that.

I still haven't decided whether I can go or not.  Allow me to share two of the challenges I am praying about related to my going, and perhaps you can join with me in prayer.  You may even be able to help.

I am willing to go, and I am free to go (even though I would be driving 23 hours each way).  Thursday is my last day at my full time job.  I am stepping out in faith to go back into full time ministry.  I want to do this kind of work as a priority part of Helping Hands Ministries.  I cannot do it if the income from my full time tent making work isn't replaced by donations.  Donating money is one big way you can make it possible for me to go.

Also, Paulie is holding her annual Classical Conversations Practicum the same week as the Operation Save America work in Alabama.  She needs my help with technical support at the Practicum.  I am not sure how to resolve this one.  We are discussing options.

So, anyway, thanks for sharing my burden here.  We are living in perilous times.  Good men must stand.  Paulie shared the words of this inspiring hymn with me last night.  Be encouraged.

A mighty Fortress is our God, 
A Bulwark never failing;
Our Helper He amid the flood
Of mortal ills prevailing:
For still our ancient foe
Doth seek to work us woe;
His craft and power are great,
And, armed with cruel hate,
On earth is not his equal.

Did we in our own strength confide,
Our striving would be losing;
Were not the right Man on our side,
The Man of God’s own choosing:
Dost ask who that may be?
Christ Jesus, it is He;
Lord Sabaoth His Name,
From age to age the same,
And He must win the battle.

And though this world, with devils filled,
Should threaten to undo us,
We will not fear, for God hath willed
His truth to triumph through us:
The Prince of Darkness grim,
We tremble not for him;
His rage we can endure,
For lo! his doom is sure,
One little word shall fell him.

That word above all earthly powers,
No thanks to them, abideth;
The Spirit and the gifts are ours
Through Him who with us sideth:
Let goods and kindred go,
This mortal life also;
The body they may kill:
God’s truth abideth still,
His Kingdom is forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment