Friday, June 19, 2015

She Considers a Keurig and Buys It

Happy Father's Day
Did you know this verse is in the Bible?

     She considers a Keurig and buys it.

Yea, really.  It's in Proverbs 31.  It's one of the attributes of a wife of noble character.

The Proverb actually says that the wife of noble character considers a field and buys it.  Paulie couldn't afford a field ... so she shopped for a Keurig, and bought it.

She presented it to me, along with the most wonderful story of discovery, last night.  That chapter in the Proverbs ends with, "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;  but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.  Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."

A lifetime of honoring my wife wouldn't be long enough.  She is incredible.

A week or so ago I emailed her and suggested that I'd like a Keurig coffeemaker for Father's Day.  Without me knowing she went to work.  First she determined that she wasn't going to pay a hundred bucks for one.  Then she put out the word on Facebook, and on other online forums, that she was on the prowl for one.

I didn't hear the whole story, but I did hear the ending which included a surreptitious rendezvous with a stranger in front of the Post Office in Gardiner yesterday morning.  The greedy stranger would not get the best of this noble wife.  Paulie negotiated the price of the field, I mean Keurig, down from forty bucks to thirty and got the guy to throw in the pod holder!

As I sip my second cup of Keurig here I salute the writer of the Proverb:
“Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment