Saturday, May 16, 2009

Good morning from Freeport!


Snapped this pic this morning in front of the Kendall Tavern Inn. Paulie and I are leading a couples retreat here this weekend. During my devotions this morning I read this verse in Matthew's gospel:
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Mat 11:28-30)
The owners of the Inn are committed Christians. If you need a rest in a lovely, historic spot consider the Kendall Tavern Inn.

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Heath,
    I wrote you an email last week and am still waiting for a reply. I understand that there is a "traditional" definition of marriage, however you have not explained the logic of maintaining that traditional, dogmatically based, definition. Circumcision is also a tradition based in religion, but it is not mandated or prohibited by law or statute. It has been left a personal decision for those involved. Please explain for me the "logic" of which you speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. echoes, if you're using circumcision as your example, you clearly aren't well versed in the Bible. You should take a class on religion instead of expecting Mr. Heath to be your private tutor. Read the New Testament.

    ReplyDelete